Here at Crossfield Doodles we believe that the best environment for our breeding dogs is the home. Our goal is to continue developing our breeding lines while ensuring our breeding dogs are in family homes where they are nurtured and socialized as classy companions! We feel the Guardian Program is an excellent way to achieve this goal. We have several Guardian Opportunities available! Please read further about our Guardian Program!
What is the Guardian Program?
What are the benefits of being a guardian to a Crossfield Doodle?
What does it cost to become a Guardian?
Are there medical costs we will incur?
What are the requirements for a Guardian Home?
- To be experienced pet owners. We are sorry, but we do not place breeding dogs in first-time dog owner, homes.
- To keep the dog well socialized with other dogs and people of all ages. Your dog should be well-loved by everyone they meet including strangers, other pet owners and small children. It takes work on the part of each of us to create excellent breeding dogs.
- To enroll in training upon take home. Properly socialized and well-trained are keystones of our breeding program.
- To give the dog adequate exercise.
- To practice safe handling of the dog. The dog should not be left outside unattended or be left at home for the majority of the day. A leash should be used in public and basic obedience training should be provided.
- To feed approved dog foods and to give supplements recommended by Crossfield Doodles.
- To provide normal, routine vet care, as needed, at guardian’s expense.
- To transport the dog to us when needed for breeding, litters, or health visits.
- To notify Crossfield Doodles if the dog becomes sick or injured, we need the family to notify us right away so we are involved in all decisions regarding the treatment of the dog.
How do I learn more?
If you are interested in becoming a participant in the Guardian Program, please begin by filling out an online guardian home application. We will schedule a phone interview with you and discuss this exciting possibility!